Dear International Students,
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- Student’s Pass (STP) holders and Dependent Pass (DP) holders who enter Singapore from 1 November 2021 via the Student’s Pass Holder Lane (STPHL) and Work Pass Holder General Lane (WPHL) must meet the COVID-19 vaccination requirements for entry. This includes post-entry requirements for pass holders who are aged 12 and above at the point of arrival:
- Those who entered Singapore before they were fully vaccinated*^ must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months after they arrive in Singapore. Please visit https://www.vaccine.gov.sg for information on getting vaccinated in Singapore.
- Those who were fully vaccinated overseas^ must update their vaccination records in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR) within 14 days of completing their self-isolation or Stay-Home Notice in Singapore. To do so, they will need to show documentary proof of their overseas vaccination, and a positive serology test result taken at a Public Health Preparedness Clinic (https://www.phpc.gov.sg) at their own expense. If the serology test result is negative, they must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months of the negative test result.
- Those who are medically ineligible for vaccination must, at their own expense, seek medical consultation in Singapore and be certified to be medically ineligible for all COVID-19 vaccines under Singapore’s National Vaccination Programme, within 14 days of completing their self-isolation or Stay-Home Notice in Singapore. Otherwise, they must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months of their arrival.
*Those aged below 18 may enter without proof of vaccination. Nonetheless, all travellers are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated prior to entering Singapore, where possible.
^An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after he/she has received the full regimen of World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines.
- As part of Singapore’s Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), individuals must be fully vaccinated to participate in certain activities, such as dining, entering shopping malls or attending performances. Individuals should download the TraceTogether (TT) app (https://tracetogether.gov.sg), which will be updated with their vaccination status after they have completed the steps described in Paragraph 1@, as proof of vaccination while going around Singapore.
@Travellers who are vaccinated overseas and present valid vaccination certificates to immigration officers upon arrival may have their TT apps updated with a temporary vaccinated status. This may expire 30 days after arrival. Updating their vaccination records in the NIR as described in Paragraph 1b will allow the vaccinated status to be extended beyond 30 days.
- Students aged 12 and above who have entered Singapore are reminded to complete the above requirements as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. This will help to keep you and those around you safe. Please note that enforcement actions, including revocation of passes, may be taken for non-compliance or false declarations. No further action is required for those who have already completed their vaccination in Singapore before travelling overseas, or those below the age of 12.
- For more information on the vaccination requirements, please refer to the links in the table below. For those who have yet to enter Singapore, you may also refer to the resources below for entry requirements and processes for the various Safe Travel lanes. Those who require further assistance may call the SafeTravel Enquiries Helpline at 6812 5555 or submit a query via the webform at https://go.gov.sg/sto-enquiry. For more information on VDS, please visit https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19-phase-advisory.
|SafeTravel Lane||For International Students (ISes) who are…||Website|
|Student’s Pass Holder Lane (STPHL)||STP Holders||Vaccination Requirements: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/stpl/vaccination-requirements |
|Work Pass Holder General Lane (WPHL)||DP Holders||Vaccination Requirements: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/wphl/vaccination-requirements |
|Other information on travelling to Singapore|
|To identify the appropriate travel lane(s) to use||https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview|
|Familial Ties Lane (FTL)||Immediate family members of Singapore Citizens/ Permanent Residents||https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/scpr-familial-ties-lane/overview|
|Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL)||Travelling from eligible countries/regions|
Reminder: ISes entering Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) do not require a separate entry approval under the STPHL or WPHL. However, they are reminded that they would need to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) and fulfil all VTL requirements (including arriving on a designated VTL flight/ bus service) in order to enter Singapore under the VTL. Travellers who do not fulfil the VTL conditions may be turned away by the transport operator/immigration authority.
|VTL (Air): https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/requirements-and-process |
Note: holders of an STP/DP In-Principle Approval (IPA) are not eligible for the VTL (Land).