This professional qualification was developed to prepare students to take on various working roles effectively in the ever changing and challenging beauty and wellness industry. The broad range of modules designed to provide students a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the knowledge required as a professional personnel in the beauty and wellness business. The Industrial Attachment (IA) module offers students opportunities to apply what they have learned in class to real-life work situations holding various responsibilities in the beauty and wellness industry.
The programme focuses on
Full-time 6 months coursework
+ 6 months Industrial Attachment (IA)*
*INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT (IA) REQUIREMENTS
Students must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the Industrial Attachment (IA) component:
Must be at least 18 years old on commencement of the IA
Successfully PASSED all 15 modules
Course Attendance Requirement
• Maintained their course attendance rate of at least 90%
• Pass an interview/selection process
• Students who do not meet the above requirements OR did not succeed in securing an Industrial Attachment OR were not successful in obtaining approval for the required Work Pass from the Ministry of Manpower, will have to complete a Research Project (12 weeks)
(Please apply at least 4 weeks in advance)
Monday – Friday (25 hours/week)
Lectures, interactive tutorials, paired or group learning, practical lessons, drills and other interactive activities that are in line with current best practices to support students’ learning.
Written assignments, class presentations and projects. Written and practical examinations.
Appropriately experienced applicants who do not fully meet the minimum academic requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority requires Student’s Pass holders to maintain an attendance of at least 90%. Students who attended at least 75% of lessons are eligible for a Certificate of Attendance.
1. Health and Safety in a Salon Environment
2. Client Care and Communication in the Beauty and Wellness Industry
3. Salon Reception Operations
4. Understanding Lifestyle
5. Principles of Marketing
6. Fundamentals of Facial Skincare Services
7. Fundamentals of Eyelash and Eyebrow Services 8. Fundamentals of Make-Up Application
9. Fundamentals of Waxing Service Provisions
10. Cost and Financial Accounting Fundamentals 11. Fundamentals of Manicure Service Provisions
12. Fundamentals of Pedicure Service Provisions
13. Introduction to Body Massage Service Provisions 14. Anatomy and Physiology for Beauty and Spa Therapy
15. Beauty and Wellness Business Environment
Note: Course units may change due to course reviews.
FEES (effective from 1 June 2023)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS/STUDENT’S PASS HOLDERS
|Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance||$200.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)||S$83.60|
|Goods & Services Tax (GST)||S$589.73|
Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Online Enquiry Form